This week, we are beginning virtual phone banks for NYSUT-endorsed candidates, who have demonstrated a commitment to public education. You can see NYSUT's full bipartisan list of endorsed candidates here.
Below are the links and instructions to make calls for NYS Senator Monica Martinez and Congressional candidate Jackie Gordon.
Also, today at 4:00PM there is a NYSUT virtual rally for Biden/Harris, who have been endorsed by AFT. Click here to join.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
BMUST Political Action Committee
DIRECTIONS FOR PHONE BANKING
- Direct link to Monica Martinez: https://www.openvpb.com/vpb_bycode/F9EE64I-139051
- Direct link Jackie Gordon: https://www.openvpb.com/vpb_bycode/F0AE54M-529893
To get started, follow NYSUT's directions below.
1. Click on the button that says “Log in with Action ID." Then click on the Blue tab that says, “Create Action ID.” If you've already created an Action ID, enter your Action ID and Password.
2. Enter your email address. This can be any email that you can access. You can make up any password for you to use with this system, but we prefer that you use Nysut1234, so it is easy to remember the next time you sign on. Enter that password.
3. Put in your first and last name. Skip the question that asks for your phone number.
4. Click the “Create” Button below. When it asks to verify with a two-step process, select “no thanks, continue.”
5. Your phone bank script will populate your screen. Carefully read it over and check out the survey questions. Make sure this is the right script before you start making calls. The top right corner of the screen should verify your phone bank list with the name of your local. Check out the drop-down box for when you do not reach the person and the drop-down box for when they answer your question.
6. Practice your script a few times until you are comfortable. You can always block your phone number with *67.